background 1.20

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

today, i am thankful for...

1. Family who help watch Liam every week. I know that it is a lot to ask of family to be caregivers every week, but they do it with love and joy. My mom (Mimi), mother-in-law (Grammy) and occasionally, sisters and sister-in-law are the best sitters around. When you add in our fantastic nanny, Brooke, the Liam "babysitting calendar" looks pretty complicated. But we, and he, wouldn't have it any other way.

2. Coffee.  Take one sick baby, multiply it by three flights in the last week, add a hotel room and subtract any semblance of a schedule...you know what that equals? No sleep. Thank God for Peet's coffee, which helps me keep my eyes open at work. It was on sale at Safeway this week--$7.99 a pound--and I stocked up.

3. Kenra Dry Shampoo.  I could marry this product.  In less than 30 seconds, my roots are clean and I have saved 30 minutes.  An extra thirty minutes these days is PRICELESS.

4. My "McJob."  Some people think McDonald's is a dead end job. It is anything but that. I work for a company that rewards hard work, that offers enormous opportunity for growth and that invests in my future. And I work for a company who understands that I am a mom first.

5. My Husband He should really be at the top of this list. He is a hard worker, the best father and makes me feel like the most important thing in his life. He makes me laugh everyday, grounds me and supports me in the midst of difficult circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment