background 1.20

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pop a collar

Liam,
You had your first swim lesson and proved; yet again, that you are a fish.  I swear, you have fins and gills.

Being that this was your first lesson and that I don't know all the etiquette at a swim school, I decided to wear my most conservative bathing suit--circa 1990, collar included.  Yes, you may think that I am wearing a polo shirt--but don't be deceived.  It is just borderline amazing amazingly horrid swimwear.

I want to apologize for the embarrassment my outfit may have caused you (but I won't promise that it will be the last time that happens).  Please know that I did it in love.  I had originally thought that I would avoid the bikini...I didn't want to be "that mom" in a skimpy suit.  It turns out that I would rather be the mom in the bikini than the mom in the collared swimwear.

Thank you for being a good sport.  My choice of clothing didn't hold you back in the least.  You went fully under the water, kicked and paddled.  Next week, the high-dive.




No comments:

Post a Comment