background 1.20

Friday, November 11, 2011

16 months

It is November 11, 2011 and you are sixteen months old today.  Some people think that today (11.11.11) will be a day of good luck.  I don't believe in luck. I believe that God's hand is in every good thing.  I believe that he has given us favor.  I believe that he has set a path for you and our family.  I believe that today and everyday, I am BLESSED.


At sixteen months, you are talking more, laughing more, loving more and growing strong.  You love the "par"--park; "buh buh" --boo boo bear; and "dubba duh" --Yo Gabba.  You like showers more than baths and when you take a bath, you want the water running the whole time.  You like playing peek a boo....behind doors, curtains and clothes racks at the mall.  You wave hello and say and wave goodbye to EVERYONE.

Your latest fave is the library.  It is like a mecca of fun for you--the books, the plastic shopping cart you wheel around to gather your loot, the kitchen and train set.  And I didn't even mention the park adjacent to the library--your favorite park of all.  And when we get the books home, you sift through them forever.  You flip the pages back and forth, look at the pictures, open and close the book and then move on to the next one.  Your love of books makes me very happy as I too, used to look forward to going to the library.  I went with a list in hand of the books I couldn't wait to check out.  My mom brought a plastic laundry basket to carry them home in.  I hid a flashlight under my pillow so I could read Nancy Drew, Sweet Valley High or The Wizard of Oz past my bed time.  A new book was an invitation to an exciting world.  It fueled my imagination.  It made me want to learn more.  I hope your love for books remains for many years.






I love you, Liam and I have loved the last sixteen months.  I can't imagine it gets better, but I'm sure it will:)

No comments:

Post a Comment