background 1.20

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday AMERICA! (and almost to LIAM!)

Happy 4th of July.  Here is your day in pictures (or at least the moments I caught):


You started your morning with a little drive time.

You threw up quite a few times :(

You are walking pretty confidently--at least up to six steps on your own.

You hacked not one, but TWO, iphones at the same time.

You saw your first fireworks, and though not afraid--not ecstatic about them either.

You clapped for all of them.

A year ago today, I SWORE you were going to arrive on this date.  I even made your grandparents stay in town longer than they had planned because I SOOOOO thought it would happen.  But you stayed put for almost another week.  

Last year, I spent the 4th swimming at friend's pool.  We went back there this year.  Last year, you squirmed in my tummy when I got in the chilly water.  This year, you jumped in from the edge.  What a difference a year makes.  What a wonderfully, amazing, beautiful difference this year has made.

No comments:

Post a Comment