background 1.20

Monday, July 11, 2011


ONE YEAR OLD!
What an amazing year this has been.  In one year, you have changed our life in so many ways... ALL for the better.  There is not one thing that I would change.  You, our life, our little family is COMPLETELY PERFECT with you in it.  From the day you were born you have brought me joy, fulfillment and a desire to be the best mom to you.  Everyday that I wake up and hear your little chatter (or see your bum sticking straight in the air if you are still snoozing) that joy, fulfillment and desire is renewed.

You are still as sweet spirited as you were when you were born.  Your sweet infant coos have been replaced with loud, confident words--most of which we can't interpret (but that doesn't deter you).  We do understand dada (most used phrase), mama (rarely used), and ball (used to interchangeably represent anything shaped as a sphere--ball, peach, moon, balloon, etc).  You love climbing--up things, thru tunnels and over people laying on the ground:)  You smile often; big, toothy and currently drooly.  You toot a lot.  You eat well (a 1/2 a chicken breast for dinner tonight!) and drink like you've been stranded in a desert all your life.

You point at everything--inquisitive and wanting to touch and feel things.  You know what you want and communicate it well.  Sign language has helped--"more" and "please" signs are almost constant.  We are now trying to instill some gratitude by teaching you thank you:)

Here are some of the things (tricks) that you are currently doing:

  • Sign Language - More, Please, Food
  • Blowing kisses and giving hugs
  • Walking a little (we are up to an 8 step record)
  • Giggling when your toes are tickled
  • Kicking the soccer ball
  • Playing peek a boo with your self (often with your blanket in the crib)
  • Unlocking the iphone and turning on music (you've been doing this for a while)
  • Throwing and catching the ball
  • Smiling ALL the time
What a crazy fast year this has been.  Such a change from the little eight pound bundle that we brought home a year ago.  It struck me today:  I only get four more of these before you start school, about 12 more before you start liking other girls (and I'm no longer the most important woman!) and 17 more of these before you leave to go to college.  I'm cherishing every day because it all goes by like a flash.


You have become the center of my life, the center of my conversation, the center of my thoughts and the center of my prayers.  I understand so much deeper the love that my Father God has for me.  If I care for you this much...how much more does God care for me and for you.  I can't even grasp how deep his love for you must be, but everyday I pray that you will experience his love as you grow strong in his strength, experience his grace and live the great adventure that he has ordained for you.

I love you very much my little Liam.  Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment