background 1.20

Friday, September 3, 2010

Hiking with Baby

How many people does it take to put on an Ergo Baby Carrier?  Apparently....5.



We broke the Ergo carrier out for our first hike with William and did not realize it would be such a project.  I had googled a YouTube tutorial on how to put it on and still was at a loss when put to the test.  

After almost losing my babe out the bottom of the carrier and suffocating him against my chest, we finally figured it out.  It took five people, including an engineer by trade, to put it on correctly.   But once on, it was quite a pleasant afternoon.  And I NEVER thought I would do this, but I nursed Liam and hiked at the same time.  For those of you who think that is gross--I understand.  Like I said: I NEVER thought I would be the mom that does that sort of thing.  But a kid's got to eat!  And the sun shade cover helped make the process very discreet.



William hiked the first two miles with mama and the final two with dad.  
Don't you love the manly pattern?  


Here is the hiking clan.  
You can't see William or me (I am under the sun hood checking on him)...



No comments:

Post a Comment