background 1.20

Monday, April 5, 2010

Best Friends, Beautiful Wedding and Babes


Our Easter weekend 2010 was a bit unorthodox. We were away from home, our family and our church. In fact, I believe that it was the first Easter that I haven't been in a church. I really missed being there--the Easter celebration is a time where it just feels "right" to worship, with others, the risen Christ and the life of hope that he gives. Instead of a traditional Easter celebration, we were in Los Angeles celebrating a new "life" in marriage, and new "life" in my belly.


Saturday
My dear friend Rachel's wedding was on Saturday and we had a great time getting together with our APU college crew. Weddings seem to be the only thing that brings us all together at one time. It's unbelievable that we met over 10 years ago, and graduated almost 7 years ago. Time really does fly. The seven of us single college girls are now married with 5.66 babies. Baby K is .66 since he's 2/3 of the way here. Joy and Matt brought Addison and Lindsay and Nate brought Sawyer. Sienna, Daniel and Lucca were missed.








The wedding was absolutely charming. I wish I would have taken more pictures of the all the details. I loved the table arrangement's integration of tree stumps, the lemon theme carried out down the aisle and the vintage dessert plates.

Rachel did a great job planning and making the wedding so personal to their taste and style. Brent and Rachel were stunning and you could see the joy of love and the Lord emanating from them. It's always such a comforting feeling knowing that one of your friends has met the love of their life.

Sunday
We spent Sunday in Huntington Beach with my great friend and photographer Christy Bauer (the one posing with Baby Sawyer above). She was so gracious to take "Belly Pics" with me and Matt. I can't wait to see how they turn out! I will be sure to post them as soon as we get them. My sis Nicole came down from L.A. to have lunch with us and assist with the shoot. At least I had one member of the Pelton family with me on Easter!

The big news was the earthquake. We were standing outside of a building, having just taken some pictures in front of it and talking with another couple that was pregnant. I started feeling really dizzy, almost as if I was going to faint. I closed my eyes for a couple seconds trying to ground myself and then said to the group: "Wow, I am really feeling dizzy." At the same time, they all said "Me too!" It turns out that everyone felt it, but thought that they were the only ones. So there's another first for Baby K--Baby's First Earthquake:)


It was a short weekend, but worth the trip to celebrate "life" in a new way.

1 comment:

  1. i think you are going to like them. At least I hope. So much fun with you and the family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete