background 1.20

Friday, April 2, 2010

one reason why pregnancy pants are actually cool


I started off this pregnancy hoping that I could avoid investing any of my fashion fund in maternity clothing. I'm sure all of the women who have been pregnant are laughing out loud right now that I was so ambitious:) But I couldn't, in good conscience, allocate my fashion budget to clothing that is...well, anything BUT fashionable.
I have come pretty close to achieving my goal...three more months to go and I can still wear my low-rise skinny jeans (I can't button the top button, but that's what a "belly band" is for!); however, my tailored business attire doesn't jive with the position of my bump. So I had to give in--but the most I would bend was Old Navy. They don't have a huge selection, but they have options in my price range ($29.99). Today, I am wearing the pants you see to the left. I paired it with a loose fitting tunic (non-maternity) and feel very springy.
So, you may be asking--are you smoking crack?? What is so cool about maternity pants? Ironically, the very thing I now love, made me crazy at first. Here it is folks....never having to button or unbutton your pants when going to the ladies room. At first, I was constantly looking down, afraid that I forgot to zip and it drove this OCD freak crazy, but now, it brings me much joy.
The trek to the bathroom is a more common occurrence these days, probably 20 times a day this past week. Good news is I am meeting more people in my bathroom visits. Bad news is that the increased visits mean more of an opportunity to forget your "fly." But, not with these pants. Down and back up, 20 times a day and never needing to check to make sure I'm zipped and buttoned is a relief, similar to the relief that I feel after that visit to the bathroom:)

No comments:

Post a Comment