background 1.20

Friday, April 16, 2010

Not so bad...


Baby K and I had our Gestational Diabetes screen today and it wasn't as horrifying as I have heard from other women.  I expected the drink to be intolerable--and, don't get me wrong, IT WAS NOT GOOD.  But I had a nostalgic moment when drinking it. 

Growing up, my dad was always in charge of securing orange flavored drink for our soccer teams.  Saturday after Saturday, year after year we would make a stop at McDonald's on our way to the soccer field.  My dad would fill up the large plastic jug with water, ice and orange mix...It was the half-time beverage of choice for the "Ladybugs" soccer team.  It's funny the things you remember.  I have no idea who was on my team or if we were any good, but I can remember our uniforms (black and red) and our game time snacks.  I guess it should have been evident back then that I wasn't going to be a star athlete:)

I do wonder if Baby K will be a star athlete, or a guitar genious or a rocket scientist.  I'll be content with happy and safe and healthy, but I am excited to see the little dreams and passions that God has already started seeding in his heart.  It's my job to help those dreams and passions grow and I hope I am up for the task!


No comments:

Post a Comment