background 1.20

Thursday, April 1, 2010

exponential growth


In the last four weeks, I have grown at an exponential rate. My butt is bigger, my hips are wider and my belly is rounder, the size of a soccer ball to be exact. I officially weigh more than I ever have in my life--yes, even more than my Oxford days. Luckily, I am eating better with Baby K in my tummy than I did before the pregnancy.

Three square meals has turned into first breakfast & second breakfast, first lunch & second lunch; and first dinner & second dinner. The little monkey rolling around in my tummy and kicking me constantly likes to keep food in my belly at all times.

I learned this the hard way yesterday. I ate first breakfast--oatmeal with strawberries, thank you very much!--but decided to forgo second breakfast for a morning packed with business meetings. This choice was not appreciated by Baby K and he sent me a message with the subject line titled: nausea! The message read: "get to the toilet now." Oh, the joys of working with morning sickness. I'm sure when I walked back in my flushed face and watery eyes gave it away. But there's no time for morning sickness when you are solving the hamburger world's problems:)

So back to growing...four weeks ago this little guy was the size of a papaya, weighing in at just under a pound. In about a month, he's doubled in size and now the size of an eggplant. Here's a look at the change in my size in the last four weeks. Photo one (above) is at 22 weeks, photo two (below) is at 26 weeks. The 26 week photo isn't the best as I am all alone in a hotel for the week and my photographer Matt wasn't available.




Baby K: If I promise to keep yummy food in my tummy, will you promise to keep growing healthy and strong? Please? I would really appreciate it...I want you to be in the best shape you can be in from the start.

Love, Your Mommmy

No comments:

Post a Comment