background 1.20

Monday, April 19, 2010

Yosemite Weekend

We took a Kratz family weekend trip to Yosemite and had a great time hiking and exploring through the park.  Yosemite is one of the landscapes that never gets old.  In fact, I think that it is more stunning each time I visit.  Day one was spent in Yosemite Valley and day two in Yosemite's Hetch Hetchy, which was a first for me.  Hetch Hetchy rivals the Valley in beauty, but was so quiet and less travelled in comparison.

Since I'm pregnant, we decided to forgo Half Dome (and because hiking Half Dome ONCE in this lifetime is enough for me) and settled for a meager 15-16 miles of other scenic hikes.  Our level of intensity grew with each hike.  Day one was Lower Yosemite Falls (appx 2 miles) and Vernal Falls (appx  4 miles).  Day two was Wapama Falls (appx 9 miles).  All in all, I was pretty proud of myself for hanging in there.   I only suffered from a few Braxton Hicks contractions and wasn't sore at all today!

We stayed at the Evergreen Lodge and would recommend it to anyone looking for a upscale, woodsy retreat.  The rooms are brand new, 400 sq. ft, duplex condos with a fireplace, couch and a cute deck overlooking the woods.  Plus, the shampoos and lotions smelled scrumptious.  The grounds were impeccable with lots of activities for the kids (ping pong, bingo, rec room) and adults (I played a couple rounds of Bingo and ate my fair share of s'mores).   The tavern looked like it had been there for 100 years and was so charming.

Here are some pictures from the trip.  I am now at 29 weeks and there is no mistaking my belly!




1 comment:

  1. Hannah, I'm excited to be able to keep up with Baby K information through your blog! I have one, for awhile I was pretending it was Tom's blog too, but he could care less, so come check it out sometime! The address is www.muffins-life.blogspot.com

    -Marissa (Tom's fiance)

    ReplyDelete