background 1.20

Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm sleeping with another man...

Since William's birth five weeks ago, we have taken 2,000 pictures--no joke.  And when I say "we,"  I mean ME!!  I swear, my baby is going to think that his mommy is a Nikon D90. The camera is in his face more than I am.  

I am sure that we will love having so many pictures to remember these moments; my only complaint is that I take ALL the pictures.  This means that I have plenty of snapshots of William playing, smiling, cuddling with Daddy and being held by relatives, but only a handful of me and William.  

I give Matt a hard time about it constantly.  "Why don't you take pictures of us?"  "I won't have any pictures of me and my son."  "He is going to think that he was raised by a single father." ....you get the point.  

Fortunately, Matt is getting a little better about remembering to take pictures. UNFORTUNATELY, the last two pictures he took have been of Liam and I sleeping.  Apparently, these are the moments that Matt wants to remember.


Matt took this picture one morning before he left for work.  William and I are taking a morning catnap (after a long night) and though it is not the most flattering, it makes my heart happy.  I am a typical firstborn/rule follower and I went into this baby thing with a lot of rules for William:

- No rocking to sleep
- No sleeping while feeding
- No sleeping in bed with mom and dad....

Notorious rule-follower, no longer.  I break the rules...just not everyday.
It's worth it to wake up to my baby by my side.


Here we are: breaking the rules again this morning


Notice our arms in the first shot, and our mouths (wide open) in the the second shot.  We are totally "twin sleepers."


1 comment: