background 1.20

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Stretchy Pants



My post-baby wardrobe reminds me of this clip from the movie "Nacho Libre."  With one exception: I wear my stretchy pants in my room...and EVERYWHERE else.  In fact, stretchy pants are the only pants I wear lately.

I prefer to call them yoga pants (it sounds much classier, even if I haven't done a lick of yoga since birthing my weight-inducing-nugget) and I have a pair for every day of the week.  I am literally on a seven day rotation of stretchy yoga pants.

So, for those of you readers who are pregnant and have been told that all you have to do is "breastfeed and the pounds will come off"--Don't believe it.  Instead, invest in stretchy pants.

Here are my recommendations in order of my favorites:

Monday - Lululemon Gather and Crow Crop
These pants were a push present from my sister, Katie.  Isn't she so sweet!  Instead of jewelry, she bought me workout pants.  It's like saying: "Congrats on the new baby....NOW get rid of that flab, stat!"



These pants are soft and flattering, but most importantly--Reversible.  This means that they are my Monday pants and Friday pants.  And no, that is not my belly in the picture below.  If it were, I would not be wearing stretchy yoga pants everyday.



Wednesday - Zella Live In Capris
It is Wednesday; so therefore I am wearing these now.  I like how these are tailored.  They do a good job at taking the focus off the muffin top and toward my knees, which; amazingly enough, did not retain any pregnancy weight.  They also have a hidden pocket in the waistband, perfect for storing pacifiers.  Oh boy, I just now realized that these are reversible too...I am thrilled.  Less laundry.



Thursday - Hard Tail Bootcut Roll Over
These pants are tried and true.  They have been with me for about eight years.  They are no longer black and have multiple holes near the heel but are as soft as suede, cashmere and velvet put together.

Friday - Re-wear Monday's Lulu's reversed

Saturday - Avani Tie-Hem Cropped Yoga Leggings
I don't hate them, but I don't love them.  They were a Nordstrom Rack find for $20.  Can't beat that.


Sunday - Nike Dri-Fit Cropped
These are more "jogging" than "yoga" pants.  And I do as much jogging as I do yoga :)  Nevertheless, they are stretchy.





And after looking at all of my yoga pants, I have had two epiphanies: 1) I should go to yoga soon 2) I need to add color to my boring-black stretchy pant rotation.

Hmm... which epiphany to conquer first?
....Regardless the color: If they stretch, I'll buy.

1 comment: