background 1.20

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Moooo-ving away from dairy.

William is a pretty happy baby...but not when he is going #2.  He gets pretty mad at the world, and makes faces like this:


And, while I will spare you the dirty details, we took him to the pediatrician to see what we could do to make it a more enjoyable process for him.

We were told that our sweet William is allergic to the cows milk that I consume and that I need to stop eating and drinking the culprit.  This was the equivalent of someone telling me that my life would soon be over.  Okay, I admit, that was a bit dramatic but anyone who knows me knows how I like my food.  So trust me, cutting dairy out of my diet is going to be PAINFUL.

Here are the top 10 reasons why:
10. Ice Cream
9.  Bagels and Cream Cheese
8.  Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
7.  Beach Hut Sandwiches
6.  String Cheese
5.  My daily cereal
4.  Pizza
3.  Butter on my bread
2.  McDonald's Cheeseburgers

and the #1 reason is going to take a major sacrifice:
1. My daily iced cappuccino, EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA foam :(

After making that list, I actually have no clue what I am going to eat today.  Any dairy free ideas?

2 comments: